Thursday 3 July 2014

greetings :)

First things first I guess we'd better introduce ourselves....

I'm Gmrgrl88, growing up I wasn't much of a console gamer, that was more my little brother's department, I really was more of a handheld girl. However after my brother moved out to go to Uni leaving his games collection behind I found myself playing more of the older consoles (now that I was allowed to touch them, that is!) and from then on I was hooked, now I'm working on building up my own collection of retro games, mostly from the Nintendo line but I also have an Atari (somewhere...) and I'm looking at getting a ZX Spectrum sometime soon. I have some catching up to do before I can say that I have a better collection than my brother but it's getting there....one purchase at a time!


I'm Tachiko, I've been gaming for as long as I can remember, so at least a week! I was introduced to the world of gaming through my older brother's ZX Spectrum. Well, I say gaming, it was more waiting 20 - 30 minutes listening to what can only be described as a fax machine and a dial up modem making love; waiting for the tape to load, only for it to fail nine times out of ten! It wasn't until going round a friends house and playing Super Mario Brothers on the NES that it finally clicked, I AM a gamer! Over the years I've owned every main nintendo console and handheld (as well as dabbling in the odd playstation and dreamcast here and there) however I'm in the process of building up my collection again after putting my nephews before my own selfish needs.

Ok so thats the introductions out of the way...we'll be back soon with some very interesting updates :)

No comments:

Post a Comment