Saturday 2 August 2014

Creepy Kid Icarus Cards

Last week Tachiko and I purchased a bulk lot of sealed Kid Icarus booster packs from eBay, 50 packs to be exact.

Both of us have a copy of the game and we each have a binder of cards that needs completing so this seemed like a really good way of getting one step closer to that goal.

The cards showed up yesterday and I set about opening them all, yes I probably should have waited for Tachiko to come over next Wednesday but I was excited and I have zero will power when it comes to waiting for things. Anyway after opening the first couple of packs I noticed that all the packs I had opened so far had contained a 'Three Sacred Treasures' card, a little weird but not totally unheard of when you buy this many packs in bulk.

I continued to open packs, 15 packs in and each pack had the same 'three sacred treasures' card, now I was beginning to get a little weirded out, I stopped going through each pack against my binder and just started ripping into the packs, surely somewhere the run of sacred treasures would run out?

20 packs, 25, 30 all containing that card, by now I was getting to the point of hysteria. How was it possible that when all the packs are filled and sealed at random could I wind up with so many of the same card? I continued to open the packs, wondering if it was possible that we'd bought resealed packs somehow but they didn't appear to be resealed in anyway.

50 packs opened and yes you probably guessed it, every single pack contained a 'three sacred treasures' card. So now we have 50 spare copies of this card to get rid off.

I sorted through the rest of the cards and out of 250 cards (i'm not including the 50 sacred treasures cards) I needed 113. I sorted through the remaining cards and there were 18 duplicates, now the remaining cards are left for Tachiko to go through and file what he needs before we list the rest up on eBay :)

He better do it quick, the 80 packs we ordered from another seller should be here soon! Lets hope we don't wind up with another 80 'Sacred Treasures' cards!!

No comments:

Post a Comment