Tuesday 12 August 2014

Kid Icarus Cards 2: the unnecessary sequal

So the second lot of Kid Icarus cards finally showed up late last week...80 packs of cards labelled promo 1 (yes that detail is important and I'll go into it soon!)

this is most of them...
we'd already started opening them before we realised we hadn't taken a photo!

Tachiko and I set about opening them up and organizing the cards into manageable piles to sort and put away. After my 'freak' encounter last time where I got the same card in every pack I decided to do some investigating and discovered that the packs labelled as 'Promo 1' all contain a 'three sacred treasures' card. So you guessed it we now have another 80 'three sacred treasures' cards to get rid of...

After sorting, we set about filing the cards we needed into our binders. Out of the 480 cards we bought I needed 0 of them, no that's not a typo, I genuinely needed none of them, Tachiko thankfully needed some of them so it wasn't a total waste of time but as they were all 'Promo 1' packs there's actually only a limited number of cards that could be found in those packs before you'd need to buy the booster packs originally sold in WHSmiths, Toys 'R' Us etc.

I don't think we'll be buying anymore lots of cards unless they are the store bought booster packs :)

No comments:

Post a Comment