Wednesday 15 October 2014

Cowley Road Jackpot!

So remember I mentioned that Tachiko & I popped into the game store before we went to the gig on Wednesday?

Well when we went inside the first thing I saw was a stack of NES games, some boxed and some unboxed. I didn't want to buy them then as we were going to the gig but I hoped they'd be there if I came back another time. I mentioned it to Mum when we got back from the gig and she said we could go back in the morning!

So that's what we did, we got to Cowley Road at about 10 only to find the store was closed!! We tried asking at a few of the other shops to see if they knew when or if it was open that day but nobody seemed to know. We decided to go for a coffee and come back again after, if it wasn't open by 10.30 we'd call it a day and go back home to finish sorting out the loft.

Luckily when we came back after coffee the shop was open and I was able to pick up a total of 5 games and an original cleaning kit for £60

Tachiko found a complete boxed copy of Odama for £20



There were a handful of other NES games I wish I'd picked up now but hopefully they'll still be there on Payday! 

We also popped into a charity shop on the way back to the car where Tachiko picked up this boxed memory card for the Gamecube for £2 

Given that this was the same charity shop where we picked up the boxed gamecube and dancemat and the Playstation a few weeks back I can't help but wonder what other goodies they have stashed away out the back.....


No comments:

Post a Comment