Monday 27 October 2014

The Witch Is Back!

After an awesome weekend round my girlfriends helping her rearrange her room ready for new units to display her consoles and games (more on that in the near future), I felt a bit lost on what to do. But as I entered my room, I found myself a nice pick me up.


"Whats in the box?" none of you are asking, well let me show you anyway.


It is indeed the "First Print Edition" of Bayonetta 2 for Wii U!

For a little context, This is the very limited, Europian only edition that was announced during the Bayonetta 2 Nintendo Direct back in October and was limited to only 15,300 copies (why that number I have no idea). The design of the packaging shaped like the Hierarchy of Laguna book that appears in the game and comes with physical copies of not only Bayonetta 2, but an enhanced port of the original Bayonetta as well as a small art book.







As you can see for the pictures above, the attention to detail is impressive. The surface is embossed to match the print, which has a very nice gold lettering and trim. The Cover is held by a magnet and the whole package feels very sturdy and well put together. My only complaints are that the art 'book' feels more like an after thought and is pretty much a glorafide booklet stuck to the inside. It's a real shame as there is some really great concept art for both games and would have been nice to see some more of that represented here.


The other complaint, be it a small one, is something I find often with special editions is the games come with the standered cover. I love the overall design, however as its a Europian PAL game, it's over crouded with infomation and age ratings from several different languages that just makes it feel untidy. A reversable cover with just the art work would have been nice, espically for those who want to display the games. This is something I would like all games to adapt but thats just me being picky :)

Overall I'm very happy with With the 'First Print Edition' of  Bayonetta 2, now I just need to find a place to put it!


No comments:

Post a Comment