Tuesday 14 October 2014

Destination: Next Level Games

Next stop on our impromptu trip to Wales was Next Level Games in Pontypridd.

(of course we totally forgot to take a photo of the store both times we've visited and I can't find one on the net!)

This store seems tiny from the outside but it's like Aladdin's Cave when you get in there! Last time I was here I didn't buy much but this time I went a little mad, treating myself to my second console of the day, a turquoise crystal N64, Crash Dummies for the Master System, Echo the Dolphin on the Mega CD, Pokemon Colosseum for the Gamecube and a walkthrough guide for Animal crossing Wild World. I also got given a NES Zapper gun and a copy of Sonic for the Master System with a photocopied cover.
Tachiko also treated himself to a second home console, this time breaking away from the Nintendo franchise and heading into Sega territory with a Dreamcast, again in a stunning condition with minimal if any signs of aging! Following his love of Crystal consoles he also nabbed a clear Gameboy Pocket (the only handheld I am missing from my gameboy collection), a boxed copy of Flashback on the SNES, Soul Calibur 2 for the Gamecube and a free rumble pack for his new Dreamcast!


We were also given a few other freebies, an empty N64 controller box and a carrycase designed to fit a gameboy pocket pictured below with our other freebies.

Again we spent quite a bit of time chatting to the owners (again their names have escaped me sorry!) about our collections, eurogamer, midnight launch pickups back in the day and the trails of running a retro game store. 

To find out more about Next Level Games and to see what amazing things they'd got in stock check out their facebook page here: Next Level Games Facebook Page

Tachiko and I discussed the possibility of heading over to Newport to check out Toy Army but decided that given the time Toy Army would be closing by the time we got there so we decided to stay in Pontypridd for a little longer before heading for home, We popped into Game where I found a copy of Animal Crossing 'Let's go to the City' for the Wii and a walkthrough guide for Pokemon X&Y on sale! I also bought a couple of magazines from the newsagents :)

Before long it was time to head home but we thoroughly enjoyed every minute of our trip to Wales and that retro game retail therapy itch was well and truly scratched....or so we thought!!

No comments:

Post a Comment