Monday 13 October 2014

Eurogamer: the pickups

Hey guys!

GmrGrl here to show you all what we got at Eurogamer! 

As I type this Eurogamer is but a dim memory to me (thankfully Tachiko's vivid post about the event itself makes it seem as if it was yesterday and not just over a fortnight ago as it is in reality) 

Before I start showing you what we got I have to tell you a bit more about the Smash Bros Tournament we watched. Every hour Nintendo would bring up 8 guys (4 at a time) to compete on the Wii U version of Smash Bros, the winners from each group of 4 would then compete head to head and the winner was awarded a certificate stating they beat everyone else & a prerelease copy of Smash Bros on 3DS and the limited edition 3DS XL to play it on!!! 
VERY JEALOUS!!

The guys at Nintendo also gave out goodies to those watching the tournament, so here is our first pickup

Super Smash Bros  keychains!!!
They were throwing out all sorts of stuff including SSB dogtags, pikmin keychains and sweets etc but I'm kinda glad we both got the same thing so neither one of us feels jealous of the other :)

The majority of my pickups came from the official Nintendo store as they had some seriously sweet deals on. The one I was most excited about was 'spend £30 on Legend of Zelda Merch and get a free poster' so I picked up this hoody for £35
back detail 


front detail

And this is the poster I got :)

Link between worlds poster :)

One of the other deals that they were running was 50% off the Mario DS holder, now I couldn't say no to this as Tachiko was given one for his birthday back in July and I've been insanely jealous ever since :)
Nintendo was also giving their customers 15% off anything that wasn't already part of a promotion if they collected stamps to show they had demo'd both a 3ds game and a wii u game so I picked up these snazzy 1UP knee high socks 

The last things I picked up weren't even gaming themed... I bought pop vinyls.... 


Tachiko's pickups were fewer than mine but way way way cooler :) firstly he picked up these two tee's
The grey one is Lylat Wars/ Star Fox and white one is obviously Pokemon (funny seeing as he's never really played a Pokemon game...)

And then Tachiko's other pickup was this totally awesome, imported Monster Hunter 4 diorama of  Tigrex.
close up

Totally saved the best til last! So many people were asking where we'd got this figure from and all we could really tell them was 'it's over there!' 


So there we go, not that many pick ups from Eurogamer but as Tachiko said we were expecting a little more in the way of retro games to buy rather than play but we soon solved that problem, more on that next time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment